maandag 13 september 2010

Need to gain more confidence in my games and in life

"If you have low confidence, then it can be a real barrier to success"


This is so true. I see it in my own life and in my own games. By being low confident at the moment, it's just impossible for me to play poker in a decent way and move up in stakes. The same thing goes for my life, although I'm extremely excited to move to Malta, I'm a little scared to make it when I'm there. Every day it's coming closer, I'm thinking more and more about what will happen if I can't make it when I'm there, while at first I was overconfident about moving and even a bit cocky about it to my friends.


I talked about this with a mental coach for a bit and she realy put things in perspective for me by giving a few examples about another poker player how to deal with everything. 


I never have had any problems giving up everything I have here and move on to start something new elsewhere, and I still don't, but I have a little doubt about how things will go when I'm actually over there. I have some expectations and I'm a little worried about what will happen when they don't come out are if things are completely different when I get there. I have no idea why I'm thinking like that and I really should just get it out of my system. I'm feeling a lot of pressure since everyone will be watching me but I really shouldn't care about other people's opinion. 
So I guess I will come over that as soon as I get there, I'm just not sure anymore what to expect and what is expected from me. Then again, I shouldn't be thinking about other people. If Malta isn't the way to be, I can always move on or go back and I won't ever have to think about the "what if..."


I'm getting the book Dusty "leatherass" Schmidt wrote about treat your poker like a business, because I need to get to that point where I really can see poker as my business.
I've been self-employed before and at that time I have had losing days as well, it just didn't affect me as much as poker does. I'm sure I can deal with losses in poker much much better when I'm thinking about it as a business, which will result in better play, less variance, less gross downswings, more profits and more confidence. 


The confidence is extremely important to have, as well in life as in poker, because it's affecting both factors the other way around. 


What I need to do for myself as well is setting some mid- and long term goals and actually take them in account the day I set them. I really need to stop focusing on my short term goals and short term poker. A losing day or even a losing week is nothing compared to the long run in poker. I wrote this down actually so this is at my attention every day. 


The forum is up and running and people are subscribing every day. I need to fine tune it still a bit so I've got enough to do related to poker, without actually playing.


I should be getting back to my games though cause putting time in the website and the forum didn't do any good to my hourly poker goal, so I will have to put in some extra time to make up for it and hit the weekly goal for this week.


I'll keep you updated, thanks for reading

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten